Prenatal & toLabor Doula Teacher Training Certification
Dates will be released for 2021| HOURS: 9–5 PM
Instructors: Maryam Ovissi, Alyson Maclatchy and Stevie McClusky
85-hour Yoga Alliance Approved (includes 25-hour Mentoring Program)
Beloved Yoga is honored to share with you our unique prenatal teacher training. This teacher training fulfills the standards as set by Yoga Alliance and you will be recognized as an RPYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher- must be a 200 hr RYT)
Beloved Yoga believes that Yoga and the prenatal journey are a perfect match. Over the last decade, Beloved Yoga’s Prenatal program has offered Mamas a safe space to journey through pregnancy. Honoring all births and seeing them all as perfect (hospital, home, birth center…etc). We also believe Pregnancy is a powerful process in life where we honor each Mamma and the unique empowering journey of pregnancy. The Beloved Yoga Prenatal Yoga Training program is born from this respect of the journey.
We will use the 8-limb Ashtanga framework of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. There will be a portion on Ayurveda and pregnancy. We have combined a prenatal yoga and doula training because we recognize that the prenatal yoga classes are one of the most powerful tools to assist the birth journey. We also believe there needs to be a level of competency for Yoga and for the birth process. This combined program will provide you with wisdom, intelligence and tools that are useful for mama and baby.
In this program, you will:
• Learn about the anatomy, physiology and psychology of pregnancy
• Understand how the changing body through the trimesters affects the Asana, Pranayama and Meditation practices
• Learn the Beloved Yoga Intelligent Prenatal Yoga Sequencing
• Gain tools to create safe spaces in class for mamas to honor themselves and to celebrate pregnancy
• Learn relaxation tools for mamas on and off the mat
• Be educated about the labor journey and understanding the birth process
• Learn how yoga can support common imbalances related to the pregnancy journey
• Gain insight into how breath work and concentration practices can support mama, baby, and the BIRTH
As with all programs at Beloved Yoga, this training will include a unique mentoring component. The 25-hour mentoring program is included in the fee. You are required to observe 10 classes at Beloved Yoga/approved location, teach 10 classes at Beloved Yoga/approved location and meet for two mentoring sessions with one of the lead teachers.
To complete the Prenatal Certification and receive Yoga Alliance RPYT status, trainees need to complete a 25-hour Mentoring Program that is included in the program (observe/teach/mentor) outside of the weekend hours.
The Complete Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth by Sheila Kitzinger
The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin
For more information or questions, please contact Maryam@BelovedYoga.com