200 hr. Yoga and Ayurveda Teacher Training & Group Mentoring Program
Sign Up Today! This is a HYBRID PROGRAM...all sessions will be taught online and in-person. So you can choose which is best for you!
The Beloved Yoga School offers a unique 200HR Yoga and Ayurvedic Teacher Training program that provides a safe, nurturing, and creative environment in which to grow and deepen your practice. It is from this place of deep personal practice that you become a teacher. Our 200 hr TT program offers an all comprehensive experience combining our excellence in teaching methodology and an inclusive mentoring program.
We are including 40 hours of online programming by Yoga International. 20-hour History/Philosophy with Doug Keller, 20-hour Anatomy with Tiffany Cruikshank and Yamas/Niyamas program with Deborah Adele.
Participants can opt to do just Session 1 or the full program. To obtain a 200HR RYT, one must complete both sessions and fulfill the requirements of the program from reflective homework to mentorship.
Session 1: 100 Hours Immersion into Yoga Lifestyle
The first 100 hours of the program are open to all yoga practitioners interested in learning more about yoga.
In this module, you will:
- Establish a daily meditation and asana practice
- Find your own personal alignment in the most common yoga postures and understand their benefits
- Dive into the foundational philosophy behind the practice of yoga, including the Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita
- Learn about the history of yoga and its various paths
- Cultivate deeper levels of awareness in your mind and body
- Explore energetic and subtle body anatomy
- Functional Biomechanical Anatomy
- Dive into fundamentals of Ayurveda and daily lifestyle habits
- Meet a supportive community of like-minded practitioners
Session 2: 100 Hours The Seat of the Teacher
If interested in becoming a certified yoga teacher, you will continue on for an additional 100 hours where you will learn:
- How to incorporate the Ayurvedic lens into teaching methodology: elemental body
- How to incorporate the energetic framework of chakras and gunas into teaching methodology
- Teaching methodology (learning to teach online and in-person classes)
- How to sequence a well-rounded yoga class that can be adapted for multiple populations
- Discuss considerations for trauma sensitivity in group yoga classes
- Professional development
- Ethics and how to expand your path as a teacher
In addition to our daily scheduled classes, lecture and practicum, the Beloved Yoga School offers a unique mentoring model for those interested in cultivating their seat as a teacher. The program includes up to 20 hours of one-on-one mentorship with your assigned mentor. Each trainee will also receive one mentoring session with Ileana Gonzalez, Board Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner.
Upon completion of the second half of the program, final class, self-examination and mentorship, you will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200HR yoga teacher.
Beloved Yoga School recognizes the necessity for sensitivity in creating safe and accessible spaces in a group setting. Intrinsic to our teacher training program is the Beloved Yoga Trauma-Informed Toolkit. You will develop skills in languaging, cultivating safe spaces, assisting, and learn the tools to respect individual exploration and expression.
Maryam Ovissi, E-RYT 500, RPYT, RCYT, C-IAYT
Ileana Gonzalez, Board Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner, 200 YT, https://apurvawellness.com/
Teaching Team: Alyson Maclatchy, Doug Keller, Jamilee Wagenseil, Joelle Van Over, Susan Knoblauch & Susan Muir
Weekend Hours (in-person/online Eastern standard time): 10 am - 1 pm & 2-5 pm
Jan 9 & 10
Jan 23 & 24
Feb 6 & 7
Feb 20 & 21
Mar 13 & 14
Mar 27 & 28
Apr 10 & 11
Apr 24 & 25
May 1 & 2
May 22 & 23
June 5 & 6 (graduation)
We will also offer a monthly special topic and Q &A sessions lead by mentors (online sessions)
Wednesdays, Jan 27, Feb 17, Mar 3 & April 14
Full Program is $3200*
Session 1 only $1600
Early bird discount: $2900 if paid in full before January 1, 2021
Payment plans are available.
Scholarships are available. Kindly fill out this form to speak to why participation in this training is important to you. We will follow up to connect.
* includes manual, mentoring, online courses access through Yoga International and 30-class pass (online/virtual classes).
How to Apply
Fill out the online application and pay the $30 application fee. The fee will be applied to your balance. We will follow up within 2 days to set up a time to connect and discuss the training. Feel free to reach out to Maryam@belovedyoga.com with further questions.
As part of the Beloved Yoga 200HR Teacher Training program the following three books are also required reading:
- The Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long
- The Bhagavad Gita by Stephen Mitchell